Building & Zoning - Permits and Applications

Do I need a permit?

  • A structure, as defined by the Heath Codified Ordinances, is anything constructed, the use of which requires permanent location on the ground, or attachment to something having a permanent location on the ground.
  • This would include homes, garages, air conditioning units, fences, swimming pools, antennas, signs, driveways, or anything that is fixed to the ground.
  • A permit is also required for any excavation, demolition, or construction of a building, structure, or land in the City.
  • If you plan any activity that is not exempted, you are required to apply for a zoning permit at the Municipal Building at 1287 Hebron Rd.
  • The Board of Zoning and Building Appeals considers all applications for variances on a monthly basis. Meetings are held on the third (3rd) Tuesday of every month. Applications must be received before the last day of the previous month.
  • City of Heath Planning Commission considers all matters concerning lot splits and plan approvals. Meetings are held on the fourth (4th) Thursday of each month. Requests must be received by the Community & Economic Development Department at least two (2) weeks before the meeting.
For information regarding plan reviews for subdivision and commercial structures, please contact the Building and Zoning Department










1287 Hebron Road, Heath, Ohio 43056 | (740) 522-1420 | Email the City | Mon - Fri 8:30A-4:30P
©2016 City of Heath. The Official web site of the City of Heath.